All of these require a referral from your vet, you can’t just pitch up there.
- Animal Physiotherapy: ACPAT http://www.acpat.org/
- Hydrotherapy: this is from Marc Griggs,’I am the full time Hydrotherapist at Hydrovet in Battersea London. I came across your site whilst browsing for alternate therapies for animals and wondered if it would be possible to be featured in your links? This would be of great benefit to both us and dog owners as we are the only hydrotherapy centre in central London, and many owners haven’t heard of hydrotherapy as a viable treatment for their ailing dogs. We also have a veterinary clinic on site, although they work independently. We work off veterinary referrals only, and all 1st assessments are done by a chartered animal physiotherapist before commencing the hydrotherapy and follow up progress checks with said physio. Our website is www.hydrovet.co.uk Please feel free to contact me on 020 7738 8668 if you have any queries about our service. Thank you very much for your time.
- Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery – Grove House, Holt Road, Fakenham, Norfolk NR21 8JG. Tel 01328 862137. http://www.grove-vet.co.uk/
- Spinal Surgery, Willows referral service http://www.willowsreferrals.co.uk/ currently evaluating total elbow replacement in dogs. Solihull, UK.
- Treatment of spinal injury in dogs: Purdue University, Indiana – by injection of polymer. http://www.vet.purdue.edu/cpr/research.html#fusion
- Orthopaedic and Spinal Referrals – St David’s Veterinary Hospital, 43 St David’s Hill, Exeter EX4 4DJ. Tel. 01392 79732
- Cardiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Soft Tissue surgery, Medical Oncology, Neurology, MRI Scanning – Vale Referrals. Two addresses – The Animal Hospital, Dursley, Glos. GL11 6AJ: Bushey Equine Vets, Breadstone Clinic, Berkeley, Glos. GL13 9HG. Contact numbers: Small animals 01453 544076, Equine 01453 811867. email@example.com
- Small Animal Neurology: Davies Veterinary Specialists, Higham Gobion, Herts.
- Feline Cardiology – Brentknoll Veterinary Centre, 152, Bath Rd Worcester Worcestershire WR5 3EP. Tel: 01905 355938
- Cancer, Old Age and Arthritis – These sites come from a practice in Knaresborough, Yorkshire. One is a specialist cancer clinic. The Practice website is http://www.ashleighvetclinic.com/ The cancer referrals site is http://petcancervet.co.uk/ There are pages for old age, arthritis and care.
- Animal Health Trust – specialist hospital and research centre for animal health, has MRI scanning facilities, ophthalmology (they fitted a crow with contact lenses!), cancer specialists. All sorts of animals. Web site http://www.aht.org.uk/
- Grove Lodge Veterinary Hospital : Small animal orthopaedics, Small animal medicine, Dermatology, Ultrasound, Small animal surgery, Exotics, Ophthalmology. Upper Brighton Road, Worthing, BN14 9DL Tel: 01903 234866 Web site http://www.grove-lodge.co.uk/
- Ultrasonography for PKD (polycystic kidney disease): Paddy Manion and Nicolette Hayward at Dick White Referrals, Six Mile Bottom, Suffolk
- The Liphook Equine Hospital: at Forest Mere, Liphook, Hants.
- VRCC – Veterinary Cancer and Critical Care specialists Based near London, UK Tel 01268 564664
- Vets2Home: www.vets2home.co.uk Not actually a referral service but well worth considering if you live in Sussex and you need home visiting for your pets. Sue and Alex – vet and vet nurse – will visit to provide a variety of services, including euthanasia, and offer time, dignity and patience as well as skill and caring competence. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0845 02 12345.
- Pets with Disabilities http://www.petswithdisabilities.org/
- World Animal Handicap Foundation http://wahf.free.fr/ A Brussels based organisation for animals with disabilities. Site is in French.
- SCAS – Society for Companion Animal Studies http://www.scas.org.uk/
- The Cat Group www.thecatgroup.org.uk for information about cat related issues or write to email@example.com for information.
- Companion Animal Behaviour Therapy Study Group http://www.cabtsg.org/
- The Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour http://asab.nottingham.ac.uk/
- Feline Advisory Bureau http://www.fabcats.org/ – specialise in treating cats, researching feline disorders and training vets in specialist feline health care. Referrals via your own vet.